perl-modperl mailing list archives

From David Scott <ds94...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Instability at startup for Apache2/mod_perl2 using worker MPM
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 00:25:08 GMT
Just a note to thank all those who helped me with my three (3) Apache2
problems last week.  Here is how it all worked out:

- There was an apparent bug in Scoreboard.xs in Apache::Scoreboard 2.08
that prevented its being loaded into Apache::VMonitor.  Malcolm is
looking into this (thanks).
- There was an another glitch in B::TerseSize.  Thanks to Philip for
looking into this.
- We decided to go with the prefork MPM for now, at least until we can
get some of our more gnarly platform issues sorted out.  In fact, memory
management in Apache2 appears to be vastly improved over Apache1, even
with the prefork MPM, so our performance is already better just with
that change.

We are still interested in the worker MPM, and would appreciate any "war
stories" about thread-safety, etc.  We will probably be moving to
DBIx::Class (which is supposed to function well in multithreaded Apache)
rather than vanilla DBI.  If anyone has experience with DBIx::Class on
mod_perl2 using the worker MPM, we would be grateful to hear from you.

Again, thanks to everyone.