perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Perrin Harkins <per...@elem.com>
Subject Re: Apache2::Upload and End of file found error Part 2
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2006 18:57:56 GMT
cfaust-dougot wrote:
>  >>Argh you're right - since it was created in the global hash I thought it
>  >>was part of the globals and didn't look closely enough.
> Yep, I was just making sure.. That makes it even more of a mystery
> though, don't you think?

Well, although the CGI object is not a global, you are keeping the HTTP
data in a global, %form_data.

> Since then I went though created a new CGI object within that sub
> whenever I've needed it, and it seems to work. The problem only appears
> to happen if a new CGI object is created within the handler or within a
> sub that is called from the handler and it only effects upload??????
> Bizzare, but I'm trying to move on..

This is probably because CGI.pm is reading all the form input and not
leaving it for Apache2::Request to read.

>  >>You don't need it if you're using Apache::Request though.  You can
> use Apache::Request_or_ CGI, you don't need to use >>both at the same time.
> I'm giving that a shot now, If I can get Apache2::Cookie to work right
> and find some way to duplicate CGI.pm's "escape" and "unescape" methods
> I won't need CGI.pm at all..

See the docs for porting escape_uri and escape_html from mod_perl 1 here:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/porting/compat.html

- Perrin