perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Chris Schults" <cschu...@grist.org>
Subject RE: The case of the disappearing plus sign
Date Mon, 18 Dec 2006 19:28:40 GMT
Thanks Rob, this might be it.

As we can't expect our users to know to use "%2B" instead of "+", we'll
try replacing it in the rewrite.

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Landrum [mailto:rlandrum@aol.net]
Sent: Monday, December 18, 2006 11:01 AM
To: Chris Schults
Cc: modperl@perl.apache.org
Subject: Re: The case of the disappearing plus sign

Chris Schults wrote:
> It appears that the "+" is getting stripped out at some point as the
> script is returning results for "water pollution" instead of
> "water+pollution". Is it possible that Apache is the culprit or should
> we be looking more closely at our script or rewrite rule?

The test would be to hit /cgi-bin/script.pl? with the water+pollution
keyword.

The problem is most CGI variable processors are going to replace + with
a space.  I doubt this is an issue with rewrite.  You might need to pass

the URL encoded string instead of water+pollution...  That would be
water%2Bpollution.

Rob