perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "cfaust-dougot" <cfa...@doyougot.com>
Subject RE: Apache2::Upload and End of file found error Part 2
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2006 18:22:53 GMT
>>Argh you're right - since it was created in the global hash I thought it
>>was part of the globals and didn't look closely enough.
Yep, I was just making sure.. That makes it even more of a mystery though, don't you think?
Since then I went though created a new CGI object within that sub whenever I've needed it,
and it seems to work. The problem only appears to happen if a new CGI object is created within
the handler or within a sub that is called from the handler and it only effects upload??????
Bizzare, but I'm trying to move on..

>>You don't need it if you're using Apache::Request though.  You can use Apache::Request_or_
CGI, you don't need to use >>both at the same time.
I'm giving that a shot now, If I can get Apache2::Cookie to work right and find some way to
duplicate CGI.pm's "escape" and "unescape" methods I won't need CGI.pm at all..

Thanks!

> ________________________________

out that somehow creating a new CGI object is causing the problem but I have no idea how or
what to do.

>> Below is a bare bone test upload script, if you comment out the "my $CGI = new CGI();"
in the sub "init_global_vals" then the update works fine, if its uncommented then the server
error of "End of file found" happens.

>> http://208.3.90.212/test.pm.txt
>>
>> I have no idea how one relates to the other, any ideas?
>
> I'm not sure why you would want a CGI object shared between requests but
> my guess is that it's doing something strange as a result and I can't
> see any advantage to that approach.  If you don't have that $CGI object
> around and it works fine that might be telling you that it's causing
> trouble and not helping.
>
> A few other comments that might keep you from running into other problems:
>
> 1) 'perldoc vars' - use 'our' in favor of 'use vars'
>
> 2) don't use global variables unless you really need them and they serve
> a useful purpose ($template_header and $template_footer globals are ok
> since they are stateless, $CGI objects are not)
>
> 3) try the latest version of libapreq, 2.08.  I don't think it will fix
> your existing problem (which the $CGI seems to be the root of), but
> there have been a number of bug fixes since the release you're using.
>
> 4) Take a look at Apache::DBI instead of keeping $db in a global -
> $db = ISMH::ConnectDBUser->connect_to_db();
>
> HTH  - I think the simple issue to fix your problem is don't use a
> global $CGI object FWIW
>
>> Thanks
>> -Chris

is "End of file found" in the error log.