perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Hermida, Leandro" <Leandro.Herm...@fmi.ch>
Subject RE: Error messages go to server ErrorLog not to VirtualHost ErrorLog
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2006 09:06:33 GMT

Hello,

Here is what I have in my global server httpd.conf:

#
# ServerRoot: The top of the directory tree under which the server's
# configuration, error, and log files are kept.
#
# Do not add a slash at the end of the directory path.  If you point
# ServerRoot at a non-local disk, be sure to point the LockFile
directive
# at a local disk.  If you wish to share the same ServerRoot for
multiple
# httpd daemons, you will need to change at least LockFile and PidFile.
#
ServerRoot "/usr/local/apache2"

#
# ErrorLog: The location of the error log file.
# If you do not specify an ErrorLog directive within a <VirtualHost>
# container, error messages relating to that virtual host will be
# logged here.  If you *do* define an error logfile for a <VirtualHost>
# container, that host's errors will be logged there and not here.
#
ErrorLog logs/error_log

# Virtual hosts
Include conf/extra/httpd-vhosts.conf

Now in the extras/httpd-vhosts.conf I have:

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerAdmin leandro.hermida@fmi.ch
    DocumentRoot /var/www/myapp/htdocs
    ServerName myapp.fmi.ch
    # ServerAlias www.dummy-host.example.com
    ErrorLog /var/www/myapp/logs/error_log
    ScriptLog /var/www/myapp/logs/error_log
    CustomLog /var/www/myapp/logs/access_log common

    <Location />
        Options -Indexes FollowSymLinks -ExecCGI
        # AllowOverride None
        Order Deny,Allow
        Deny from All
        Allow from 172.28. 172.29.
    </Location>

    Alias /web_perl/  /var/www/myapp/web_perl/

    <Location /web_perl>
        SetHandler perl-script
        PerlResponseHandler ModPerl::Registry
        PerlOptions +ParseHeaders
        Options -Indexes FollowSymLinks +ExecCGI
    </Location>

    PerlPostConfigRequire /var/www/myapp/web_startup/startup.pl
    PerlTransHandler +MyApp::Apache2::RewriteURI

</VirtualHost>

So in my scripts running under ModPerl::Registry if I do a

print STDERR "Some message";

to debug then it goes to the global error log at
/usr/local/apache2/logs/error_log not at the desired place
/var/www/myapp/logs/error_log.

Leandro