perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Malka Cymbalista" <Malki.Cymbali...@weizmann.ac.il>
Subject Connecting to more than one oracle database
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2006 08:28:05 GMT
I am running Apache 2.0.55 with mod_perl 2.0.1 and Perl 5.8.1 on a Sun
Solaris machine. I am using DBI/DBD to connect to an Oracle database.  I
am running DBI 1.39 and DBD-Oracle 1.16.

In order to connect to an oracle database on a different machine I have
a tnsnames.ora file with the appropriate definition. I also have a file
startup.pl with the following information:
$ENV{ORACLE_HOME} = '/usr/local/ora9i/9.2.0';
$ENV{ORACLE_SID} = 'asdb';
$ENV{TWO_TASK} = 'asdb';
$ENV{TNS_ADMIN} = '/usr/local/ora9i/9.2.0/network/admin/DEV_wiccdb';
In httpd.conf I have the line
PerlRequire "/www/httpd/conf/startup.pl"

I am currently connecting to an oracle database on a different machine
and everything is working fine.  I would now like to connect to another
oracle database on another machine.  My problem is how to define my
environment variables.  ORACLE_HOME and TNS_ADMIN do not seem to be a
problem since I assume they can be the same.  However, how do I define
ORACLE_SID and TWO_TASK so that they allow connecting to 2 different
databases on 2 different machines?

Thanks for any help.

Malka Cymbalista
Webmaster, Weizmann Institute of Science
malki.cymbalista@weizmann.ac.il
08-934-3036