perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: SV: JOB [CONTRACT] + Re: Windows + MP2 in a production environment
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 12:05:00 GMT
Foo JH wrote:
> William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>> Foo JH wrote:
>>
>>> Yes! It's really (in)famous! :) The more detailed error message seems to
>>> be captured in the Event Application log instead. I wonder why error.log
>>> wasn't more verbose on this one.
>>
>> Because, once it crashes it's no longer logging?
>>
> Yet it is able to restart itself automatically? I think there may be a
> piece of code that catches the fault. I just don't know if that piece of
> code can still log at that point in time.

Nope - the faulted child process simply dies.  The -parent- process is the
one which detects this event and launches a replacement child process.

Look in task manager - and choose to show #threads.  One will be running
only a few threads - that's the parent, and one will have dozens or even
hundreds of threads depending on MaxClients.