perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Iván Chavero <ichav...@uach.mx>
Subject PerlAuthenHandler mod_perl 2.0.2, apache 2.2.2 & 2.2.3 problem
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2006 19:34:35 GMT
Hello,

I have a very weird problem on solaris 10 (and linux on amd64) with
mod_perl 2.0.2 and apache 2.2.3 authentication phase.

I have a handler for authentication and session management called Omni,
currently have it working on some production systems (using mod_perl
2.0.2 and apache 2.2.2) without any problem, but then on a routine
install on a new server with apache 2.2.3 and mod_perl 2.0.2 it just
does not work.

It seems that for some reason apache is ignoring the authentication
phase, i have set the LogLevel to debug and compiled mod_perl with
MP_TRACE=1 and i can see that the module is being loaded, then, i check
the location on my browser. As expected it shows me the login page but
when i check the virtual host error_log and the apache global error_log
files (which i use to show debugging messages for the module) i get
nothing as if the handler was never executed.

I don't know if i'm doing something wrong because even with LogLevel to
debug i don't get error messages on the apache log files; it seems as if
PerlAuthenHandler is being ignored.

This is how i am loading the handler:

... Alias /Dau /www/virtual_1/Dau <Location /Dau> AuthName Omni AuthType
Basic PerlAuthenHandler Omni::Handler::Web #my module ErrorDocument 403
/dau.html #my login page require valid-user </Location> ...
<http://perlmonks.org/?abspart=1;displaytype=displaycode;node_id=583763;part=1>

The releveant debugging output when apache is started:

... modperl_config_dir_new: new dcfg: 0x20ad08
modperl_config_dir_create: dir /Dau modperl_cmd_authen_handlers: push
@PerlAuthenHandler, Omni::Handler::W +eb modperl_handler_new: [10035]
new handler Omni::Handler::Web modperl_cmd_push_handlers: created
handler stack modperl_cmd_push_handlers: pushed handler:
Omni::Handler::Web ... modperl_init_vhost: Init vhost virtual_1:9443:
s=0x1604a8, base_s=0xd1 +400 MpSrv flags dump (virtual_1): Access On
Authen On Authz On Autoload Off ChildExit On ChildInit On Cleanup On
Clone Off Enable On Fixup On HeaderParser On InputFilter On Log On
MapToStorage On MergeHandlers Off OpenLogs On OutputFilter On Parent Off
PostConfig On PostReadRequest On PreConnection On ProcessConnection On
Response On Trans On Type On Unset On ... modperl_mgv_resolve:
Omni::Handler::Web's stash is not found
<http://perlmonks.org/?abspart=1;displaytype=displaycode;node_id=583763;part=2>

I have installed apache 2.2.3 & 2.2.2 with mod_perl 2.0.2 on a linux
amd64 box and i still get the same beaviour.

I even changed the PerlAuthenHandler value to a non existent module
(which i think it should give a startup error) and it gets ignored.

my apache compile flags are this:

 --prefix=/usr/local/apache-2.2.2 --with-ssl=/usr --enable-so
--enable-cgi --enable-vhost-alias --enable-http --enable-ssl
--enable-logio -
-enable-log-forensic --enable-cache --enable-disk-cache --enable-file-cache

my mod_perl copile flags are this:

perl Makefile.PL MP_APXS=/usr/local/apache-2.2.2/bin/apxs

I'm really lost here and REALLY appreciate your help.

Thanks

--
Iván Chavero
Administrador de Sistemas UNIX