perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Richard Foley <Richard.Fo...@rfi.net>
Subject Re: Module code being truncated with modperl 1.29 and apache 1.3.36 - fixed
Date Fri, 24 Nov 2006 13:25:04 GMT
On Wednesday 22 November 2006 17:42, Michael Peters wrote:>
> >> I've never seen anything like this before. Does it happen with all
> >> of your modules or just some of them.
> >>
> > I'm only noticing it with a couple of modules out of a batch of perhaps a
> > thousand...

Ok, so the reason for my module code being missing in some places, and not in
others, was someone had written a startup.pl script, which was appropriately
being called from the apache config, in which was a statement like this:

	eval "require $package";

Naturally there was no matching:

	die 'dramatically '.$@ if $@;

so I blissfully missed all the obvious and helpful error messages.  My only
excuse for not seeing this before is I've been ill with an infection this
week with a (low) fever too.  I'll creep away slowly about now...

--
Richard Foley
Ciao - shorter than aufwiedersehen

http://www.rfi.net/

ps. thanks to Andreas for nudging me in the right direction.