perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Anthony Gardner <cyclewood_...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Is Apache::TestRequest for me?
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 09:57:33 GMT
I'm trying to think of a way to do a test plan for a site that is already well developed but
is going through a structural change rather than a content change.

To cut a long story short, for future development we want to implement a good test suite to
test the html in the response. At present, they just do visual tests.

>From what I've seen on CPAN, Apache::Test is used to test Apache::* modules (we don't
write any at this time) and Apache::TestRequest is looking good for me ..... but is it what
I want?

For example, to catch the final output from the response phase of the request and then test
the resulting (potentially large) html to see if there is a small chunk of expected html there
(i.e hiden fields).

This may sound like bread 'n butter to most of you but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.