perl-modperl mailing list archives

From l...@lupe-christoph.de (Lupe Christoph)
Subject Re: Mod_perl + cronolog
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2006 13:43:17 GMT
On Wednesday, 2006-11-08 at 13:10:54 +0100, Tue Topholm wrote:
> I have this script:

Not related to your question, but to Perl style...

> system("/bin/mkdir /home/$domain");
> system("/bin/mkdir /home/$domain/www");
> system("/bin/mkdir /home/$domain/ErrorLog");

I think you should review perldoc perlfunc... You could also check
for errors much easier if you used the Perl functions.

> system("/bin/chown apache:apache -R /home/$domain");

And maybe File::Find. But it's only three directories, so that would
probably easier to be done in a loop with explicit values. BTW, my Linux
chown manpage says options need to precede owner:group, but the program
accepts them after owner:group, too. I'm not sure if all chowns of this
world do that...

Lupe Christoph
--
| You know we're sitting on four million pounds of fuel, one nuclear     |
| weapon and a thing that has 270,000 moving parts built by the lowest   |