perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Kjetil Kjernsmo <kjet...@opera.com>
Subject Re: How to get virtualhost info in mod_perl?
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2006 06:59:23 GMT
On Thursday 26 October 2006 21:07, Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
> Terry, Jason wrote:
> > $ENV{‘SERVER_NAME’}
>
> That wold also work.
>
> But in general, I wouldn't recommend using %ENV from within mod_perl,

Can I ask why not? I was of the same opinion, mainly because %ENV is
populated for every request (isn't it?) and so represents an overhead,
but then my colleagues pointed out that if it is there allready, the
penalty has allready been taken, so why not use it? To which I had no
good answer. Perhaps %ENV can be turned off entirely?

--
Kjetil Kjernsmo
Information Systems Developer