perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Marc Slagle <marc.sla...@online-rewards.com>
Subject Re: design patters with mod_perl
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 11:53:51 GMT
<head>
</head>
Greger wrote:<br>
  <pre wrap="">As for now, I return XML from the package methods, and use XSLT for the
transformation to XHTML. This works very well, seems flexible, but are there
better ways?

I guess it all depends on what one is doing, naturally. In this case it is an
application using the mysql database.</pre>
We are using a home-grown application framework that does something
very similar to this.&nbsp; <br>
We use one mod_perl application to generate the XML, and another one to
do the XSLT <br>
transforms.&nbsp; This lets us spread the application out over our hardware
nicely.<br>
If you are doing something like this, I can say you aren't wasting your
time with a framework <br>
that can't scale up with your application.&nbsp; It all comes down to if you
would rather be creating<br>
your own framework, or using one of the many good frameworks already
out there and just <br>
writing the guts of your application.<br>
 style="color: black; font-family: Arial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight:
normal; font-size: 12px; line-height: normal; font-size-adjust: none; font-stretch: normal;"><b>Marc
Slagle</b><br>
Online-Rewards<br>
403 Vine Street, Second Floor<br>
Tel: 513-665-9070 ext 313<br>