perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Kjetil Kjernsmo <kjet...@opera.com>
Subject Re: Occasional problems with URI package under mp
Date Tue, 19 Sep 2006 14:25:47 GMT
On Tuesday 19 September 2006 16:05, Garrett, Philip (MAN-Corporate)
wrote:
>   warn "URI.pm location: $INC{'URI.pm'}\n";
>
> If it's different for the failures than it is for the successes, you
> have your culprit.

Hmmm, nope, that was OK...

So, I have
use URI;
warn "URI.pm location: $INC{'URI.pm'}\n";
    my $netloc;
    eval {
     $netloc = URI->new('http://www.blogger.com/feeds/default/blogs');
  }; warn $@;

to which I get
URI.pm location: /usr/lib/perl5/Apache2/URI.pm
Can't locate object method "new" via package "URI" at [blah]

Now, there is quite a lot of our internal code around, out of which
quite a few things suck, but still, this really mystifies me...

--
Kjetil Kjernsmo
Information Systems Developer