perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Fabian Fagerholm <fa...@paniq.net>
Subject Re: Hooking into arbitrary ap_hook_* functions
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2006 06:05:35 GMT
On Mon, 2006-09-25 at 22:09 -0700, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
> I believe you want this file:
> xs/maps/apache2_functions.map
[...]
> see src/modules/perl/mod_perl.c:modperl_register_hooks()

Excellent, this helps understanding the mod_perl internals. Apparently
the hooks really are hardcoded, and I count around 20 implemented hook
functions and around 30 unimplemented hook functions in the map file.

> I don't think it would be terribly hard to add this functionality, but
> there might be some reason why we don't already do it ?????

By "this functionality", do you mean "implementing an arbitrary
ap_hook_* function in mod_perl" or "implementing an
ap_hook_get_suexec_identity function in mod_perl"? :)

Anyway, it looks like I can't implement all the functionality of the
modules in question in mod_perl right now. I'll probably look at
isolating the stuff that requires C into a few small modules and write
the rest in mod_perl.

Thanks for the pointers!

--
Fabian Fagerholm <fabbe@paniq.net>