perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Jonathan Vanasco <modperl-l...@2xlp.com>
Subject keep alive under mp -- single and multi server strategies
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2006 18:30:58 GMT
my dev boxes are this:
	mac osx 10.4
	mp2 ports 8080-8090 serves static and dynamic content

my prod boxes are:
	freebsd 6
	lighttpd ( probably moving to nginx , as lighty has a gigantic
memory leak under heavy proxy use) port 80 for static content and
reverse proxy / load balancing
	mp2 ports 8000 - 9000 serves dynamic content

my local box has been sluggish lately.  i think it has to do with
Keep Alive and a recent Safari update- mp2 tosses all the content in
a split second, but the connection hangs and the page doesn't render
because the images connection is complete or something, until i reach
apache's keepalive timeout

shutting that off seemed to have fixed everything.  since its a dev
box, i'm not worried.

that brings me to the keepalive on the server regarding mp2 serving
to a reverse proxy.  the only info i could find about it was Stas
asking for recommendations in 1999.

under my naive understanding, KeepAlive should be off in a multi-
server setup, as the only item in the connection request should be
the single dynamic content page (as the images and css/js files are
handled by the proxy).

or , am i way off, and the connection is good for multiple requests ,
and keepalive on would be a bonus?