perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Tom Weber <webe...@nytimes.com>
Subject Dynamic Proxy Setup, resend, no styles
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2006 15:44:24 GMT
Hi,

I would like to set up dynamic proxy server names in httpd.conf in an
Apache/2.2.2 (Unix) mod_apreq2-20051231/2.5.7 mod_perl/2.0.2
Perl/v5.8.8 on Red Hat  2.6.9-34.0.2.ELsmp #1 SMP environment.

By this I mean, I have front end servers: F1 and F2, and middle-tier
servers M1 and M2. I would like F1 to proxy to M1 and F2 to proxy to
M2. I would like to have a small piece of code do this, rather than
having unique httpd.conf files for each F# server. This may not be a
pure load balanced solution like a load balancer solution, but would
like to be able to do this in code/setup for now.

NOT:
Don't want to do this on F1, httpd.conf:
ProxyPass /users/ http://M1/users

and NOT:
Don't want to do this on F2, httpd.conf:
ProxyPass /users/ http://M2/users

Want THIS:
Want Something like this that would be in httpd.conf in both F1 and F2
ProxyPass /users/ http://$server/users

Sorry for the newbie type question. Not sure where to look. Didn't
see anything in any of the mod-perl books, nor anything online in
google searches, unless I missed something.

Thanks as always,
Tom