perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: mod_perl2, CGI.pm and sending own headers
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2006 16:54:13 GMT
Paul Raines wrote:

> I am having an extrememly frustrating experience getting my old
> mod_perl1 scripts from a RedHat 7.3 server working on a new CentOS4 box
> with Apache 2.0.52 server with mod_perl 2.0.1 with CGI.pm 3.11

I'm sorry to hear that.  I would expect the migration of Registry
scripts to be fairly painless, almost transparent.  handlers, sure, they
would take some migration time.  but at any rate, I'm sorry you're
frustrated.

> I have a mod_perl script area set tup with
>
>     <Directory /home/httpd/facility>
>         SetHandler perl-script
>         PerlResponseHandler ModPerl::Registry
>         PerlOptions -ParseHeaders

I think if you take this out and also get rid of the -nph option here

>     my $head = header(-type=>$mimetype,-nph=>1,
                                         ^^^^^^^^^

you'll be ok.  the script

  use CGI qw/:standard :html3/;

  print header(-type           => 'application/pdf',
               -Content_length => 392,
               -expires        => 'now');

produces the following HTTP response

  HTTP/1.1 200 OK