perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollu...@p6m7g8.com>
Subject Re: acceptable memory leaks?
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2006 02:23:19 GMT
Jonathan Vanasco wrote:
> I just wanted to give the list an update on my recent  exploits
>
> Devel::Cycle
>     Find memory cycles in objects
>     pro:
>         easy to integrate into mp2 handlers.
>     con:
>         it only detects one type of leak , which most people avoid
> creating in the first place
>
> Devel::Leak
>     Utility for looking for perl objects that are not reclaimed
>     pro:
>         easy to integrate into mp2 handlers
>     con:
>         Note that you need a perl built with -DDEBUGGING for sv_dump()
> to print anything, but counts are valid in any perl.
Isn't there Apache::Leak ? (stas ?)

> Dev'ing on OSX is a PITA.  many things won't compile right, the bsd
> layer by apple is  severely crippled ( getrusage barely works,  with 1/3
> the functionality of what it should have.  misc. terminal commands like
> 'top' are similar )
I was not aware it worked at all ?
Its quite disappointing since the man page at least
is nearly identical across NetBsd, OpenBsd, FreeBSD, and Darwin.

"In all that I've done wrong I know I must have done something right to
deserve a hug every morning and butterfly kisses at night."
       <___/