perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Jonathan Vanasco <modperl-l...@2xlp.com>
Subject X-Forwarded-For
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 23:00:35 GMT
my mp2 needs to get the ip of the remote address

on some installations, mp2 is on port 80

on other installations, mp2 is on 80xx and the ip is in X-Forwarded-For

i'd like to ensure that i pull the ip off the right place, under the
right conditions.  all of my get_ip() calls  happen in a shared
library though, so I need to figure out a way to handle this  under
those constraints, and not deal with spoofs.

first i found this module
	Apache::ForwardedFor
	http://search.cpan.org/~jlawrenc/Apache-ForwardedFor-0.5/lib/Apache/
ForwardedFor.pm

but its
	Apache1
	not porting nicely
	designed oddly- doesn't seem to forw

short of rewriting it , which i might have to do, maybe someone has
an apach2 compatible solution already?

i'm thinking that the easiest way to do this would be:

httpd.conf-
	run a preliminary handler that strips all x-forwarded-for headers
unless:
		we're running on port 80
		we're running on port 80 but there's some internal lan header
marking that says its coming off a load balancer i control

although i could just do a conditional rewrite of headers in a new
forwarded module