perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Jonathan <modperl-l...@2xlp.com>
Subject Re: Redhat up2date breaking mod_perl installation?
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 23:15:36 GMT

On Aug 11, 2006, at 7:06 PM, Mark Hedges wrote:
> This happened to me when running up2date on rhel4 too.
>
> Had to re-install all CPAN modules.
>
> We used Apache2/Mod_perl2 compiled from source because the
> RedHate vendor lib distrib of Apache2/mod_perl1.99 and savagely
> hacked libraries suck eggs and serve no purpose other than to
> rope your organization into their platform.

You know, a big plus that I've enjoyed recently on FreeBSD is this:

	August 9, 2006 8:21:49 PM EDT
		From pgollucci@apache.org
		[ANNOUNCE] libapreq2-2.08 Released

	Thu, 10 Aug 2006 09:30:16 GMT
		From FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
		Update: www/libapreq2 2.07 -> 2.08, portlint fixes, update pkg-plist

Before I even got a chance to download the libapreq update, Philip
ported it to freebsd too.

When you're stressed and overworked, you have no fucking clue how
awesome that is.

FreeBSD is just too damn good.