perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Evan Kaufman" <evan.kauf...@gmail.com>
Subject [QUESTION] mod_perl isnt having any effect...perhaps I've misconfigured?
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2006 19:54:26 GMT
I'm running a Gentoo Linux server using Apache 2.0.55-r1 with Perl
5.8.8, and just recently installed mod_perl 2.0.1-r2.  However,
mod_perl just doesnt seem to work.  I get no errors when apache starts
up, and theres nothing in apache's error log except some unrelated
404s.  It [mod_perl] just...isnt doing anything.

My (only) virtual host and mod_perl are configured as follows:

# default virtual host
NameVirtualHost *:80
<IfDefine DEFAULT_VHOST>
    <VirtualHost *:80>

        DocumentRoot "/home/test/public_html"

        <Directory "/home/test/public_html">
            Options Indexes FollowSymLinks ExecCGI
            AllowOverride None
            DirectoryIndex index.htm index.html index.pl index.cgi index.php
            AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
            Order allow,deny
            Allow from all
        </Directory>

        <IfModule peruser.c>
            ServerEnvironment apache apache
            MinSpareProcessors 4
            MaxProcessors 20
        </IfModule>

    </VirtualHost>
</IfDefine>

# mod_perl configuration
<IfDefine PERL>
    <IfModule !mod_perl.c>
        LoadModule perl_module    modules/mod_perl.so
    </IfModule>
</IfDefine>

<IfModule mod_perl.c>

    <IfModule mod_access.c>
        <Location /perl-status>
            SetHandler perl-script
            PerlResponseHandler Apache2::Status
            Order deny,allow
            Deny from all
            Allow from 127.0.0.1
        </Location>
    </IfModule>

    PerlModule ModPerl::Registry
    <Directory /home/test/public_html/perl>
        SetHandler perl-script
        PerlResponseHandler ModPerl::Registry
        Options -Indexes ExecCGI
        PerlSendHeader On
    </Directory>

    PerlModule Onomatopoeia
    <Files *.phtml>
      SetHandler perl-script
      PerlHandler Onomatopoeia
      PerlSendHeader On
    </Files>
</IfModule>

Now, apache serves html and text documents, and even .cgi scripts
(which run through the normal mod_cgi).  However, when I run any .pl
scripts, for instance http://localhost/perl/test.pl:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
print "Content-Type: text/html\n\n";
if($ENV{MOD_PERL}) { print "using mod_perl!\n"; }
else { print "NOT using mod_perl!\n"; }

I get a "download file" dialog, which means its not sending the
text/html content-type header, so its probably not being interpreted
(because I am using the PerlSendHeader directive, and the script is
chmodded to 755).

Additionally, whenever I try to access a .phtml file (which should be
parsed by a handler module, Onomatopoeia in this case), it's served up
as a static html document.
And, if I try http://localhost/perl-status, i get a 404.

Am I missing something obvious?  Perhaps I stumbled past something in
the docs?  I appreciate any help, sorry for the length message!