perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollu...@p6m7g8.com>
Subject Re: probem testing mod_perl post-install: mod_perl API works perfect, but CGI script renders no output
Date Sun, 16 Jul 2006 02:33:52 GMT
> and mod_perl CGI:
>> #!/usr/bin/perl
>> print "Content-type: text/plain\r\n\r\n";
>> print "mod_perl (1) rules!\n";
Is that the path to the SAME perl you compiled mod_perl with.  Also, I didn't notice it earlier,
but
you probably want mod_perl-1.29 instead of 1.25.
(Perl Environment from Apache::Status will tell you)

PerlRequire    /usr/local/apache/perl/startup.pl
PerlModule     Apache::Registry
Alias          /perl/ /usr/local/apache/perl/
<Location /perl/>
  SetHandler           perl-script
  PerlHandler          Apache::Registry
  Options              +ExecCGI
  Allow from all
  PerlSendHeader       On
</Location>

Take everything out of your httpd.conf config relating to mod_perl and start with the above.
Then add in the /modperl/ location.  Then add in the mod_cgi (/cgi-bin/).

Double check and make sure you don't have mod_cgi competing for the /perl/ location via a
stray ScriptAlias
or Location, etc...

Whats in the startup.pl ?

Also, up your httpd's LogLevel to 'debug'

Paste your access_log, error_log after trying this.

[Sorry, I mis-read the first post I though mod_cgi was not working.]

"In all that I've done wrong I know I must have done something right to
deserve a hug every morning and butterfly kisses at night."