perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Christine Jamison <tech-h...@nwmagic.net>
Subject Re: probem testing mod_perl post-install: mod_perl API works perfect, but CGI script renders no output
Date Sat, 15 Jul 2006 17:23:03 GMT
violet here):

Philip M. Gollucci wrote:

>>> Embedded Perl version *v5.8.4* for *Apache/1.3.17 (Unix)
>>> mod_ssl/2.8.0 OpenSSL/0.9.6m PHP/4.3.10 mod_perl/1.25* process *27940*,
>>> running since Fri Jul 14 11:02:13 2006
>>
> You really should upgrade your httpd to 1.3.36 if you've just rebuilt
> it anyway.

Yes, but I had a BITCH of a time just getting all THIS to build! Now
that it (mostly) works, time to upgrade in the fall....

>> my $r = shift;
>> $r->send_http_header('text/plain');
>> $r->print("mod_perl (2) rules!\n");
>
> Looks good
>
>>> #!/usr/bin/perl
>>> print "Content-type: text/plain\r\n\r\n";
>>> print "mod_perl (1) rules!\n";
>>> exit
>>
> Why the exit ?

I was trying ANYTHING I could think of to fix this problem....

>>> #Alias          /perl/ /usr/local/apache/perl/
>>
> You need that Alias for the below location

For production, I was planning on it. For testing, I just put the
scripts in $DOCUMENT_ROOT/perl/

>>> PerlModule              Apache::Registry
>>> <Location /perl/>
>>>   SetHandler           perl-script
>>>   PerlHandler          Apache::Registry
>>>   Options              +ExecCGI
>>>   Allow from all
>>>   PerlSendHeader       On
>>
> Not your problem, but you dont' want to send the headers in both
> script and via this switch.

Well, I figured that if it rendered AND I saw headers, I could easily
fix that. "Two is better than none." <grin>

>>> </Location>
>>

>>> PerlFreshRestart On
>>> PerlWarn On
>>> PerlTaintCheck On
>>

> Where's the cgi-bin config ?
> i.e.:
> Script Alias /cgi-bin/ /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin
> <Directory "/usr/local/apache/cgi-bin>
>     AllowOverride None
>     Options None
>     Order allow,deny
>     Allow from all
> </Directory>

I did not include it, as the CGI stuff is working, but here it is:

>    <Directory "/htdocs/wip2">
>        Options All
>        AllowOverride None
>        Order allow,deny
>        Allow from all
>        php_admin_value open_basedir "/SAP0/htdocs/wip2/"
>    </Directory>
>    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/htdocs/wip2/cgi-bin/"

And, here's something "significant" I left out:

> AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl

Any more thoughts?

BTW, thanks for offering to help!

Christine.