perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Jonathan Vanasco <...@2xlp.com>
Subject Re: [offtopic] perl newbie frustrated
Date Sat, 15 Jul 2006 06:12:34 GMT

On Jul 13, 2006, at 7:41 PM, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
>> If anyone could please explain what I missed on the differences
>> between ( ) array's and [ ] array's, I'd appreciate it.
> You want instead beginners@perl.org
Or perlmonks.org , where google will index it better

> () is an ARRAY
> [] is a reference to an array.

I thought read once that within an array declaration, [] is a real
array and not a reference-- or did i dream that up and have been
dealing with anonymous arrays all along?

ie:

my @real= ( 1 , [11,12,13] , 2 ,[21,22,23]  );
my $ref= [1,2,3];

i could have sworn i read that  when @real is compiled, the array-in-
an-array is real array and not a ref

i'm hopped up on too much codeine right now (bronchitis), so i'm
thinking less clearly than normal.  forgive what's probably a stupid
question.