perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>
Subject Re: mod_perl 1.29 install help
Date Wed, 14 Jun 2006 18:55:37 GMT
On Wed, 14 Jun 2006, Rob Allen wrote:

> First off, I'm new to Apache and mod_perl.  I've done a
> bunch of reading, downloaded the mod_perl.tar.gz file &
> uncompressed it.  I'm installing to a Win32 environment
> (Win XP Pro SP2 Build 2600).  I tried following the
> install instructions, which say to open the
> /src/modules/win23/mod_perl.dsp project file in MS Visual
> Studio.  My version of Visual Studio is MDE (.NET) 2003
> version 7.1.3088.
>
> When I try to open the .dsp file, Studio.NET prompts me to
> "convert" the project file.  It then craps out saying the
> project file (mod_perl.dsp) is corrupt.

I'm not sure if this will get you any further,
but you might try building this just from the
command line, as described in INSTALL.win32:
    perl Maekfile.PL APACHE_SRC=C:\Path\to\Apache
    nmake

However, if you're new to Apache and mod_perl, and
there's no other considerations, it's probably
better to start with Apache/2 and mod_perl-2, which
especially on Win32, offer significant improvements
over Apache/1 and mod_perl-1. Again, if you're
just starting out, it may be easier initially
to install a pre-compiled ppm binary package for
mod_perl; how to do this is described at
   http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/os/win32/install.html

--
best regards,
Randy Kobes