perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Tom Williams <tomd...@comcast.net>
Subject Question about mod_perl 2 and Perl CGI form processor
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2006 07:11:05 GMT
Hi! I'm implementing a Novice Forms HTML form processing script:

http://www.noviceforms.com/

on a site hosted on a Apache/2.0.55 (Unix) PHP/4.3.11 mod_perl/2.0.2
Perl/v5.8.8 server.   The script runs fine but I notice a strange
side-effect.   When I fill out the form and the corresponding e-mail is
sent, all is well.  If I fill out the form again and change some of the
info, the corresponding e-mail that is sent has the contents of the
first form submission AND the second form submission.  This repeats each
time I fill out the form and send it.

Now, I'm using the worker Apache 2 MPM:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/worker.html

and I noticed I'm not getting a new worker process after the form is
sent, which is possibly fine.  I'm suspecting the Apache process where
the script ran is hanging out and contains the old form data in its
environment so that when I submit a new form, the new form data is
appended in the same environment the previously run form ran in. Make sense?

Is any of this related to mod_perl or is this an Apache 2 worker MPM issue?

Thanks!

Peace...

Tom