perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollu...@p6m7g8.com>
Subject Re: Newbie question -- how to get Apache to pick up the latest version of perl?
Date Sat, 03 Jun 2006 06:16:20 GMT
Chris Bucchere wrote:
> Please forgive the newbie question -- I've been searching but I'm not
> able to narrow my results because my search terms are too broad.
>
> As I sure is the case with many folks out there, I have more than one
> version of perl on my linux box. In order to install some opensource
> software, I upgraded a bunch of perl modules using CPAN and they all
> went into my 5.8.8 installation. Unfortunately, Apache can't find them
> because it's stuck looking at the 5.8.0 and 5.8.5 installations, per the
> @INC path.
>
> What do I need to do in order to get Apache to recognize and use the
> latest version of perl?
Well in the context of a mod_perl enabled apache, you must recompile
mod_perl and then load the new one in your httpd.conf config.

IF your talking about apache without mod_perl, its the wrong
mailinglist; but, you can just change the #!/usr/bin/perl line
at the top of the scripts to be the absolute path to the perl you want.