perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Max Kanat-Alexander <mka...@bugzilla.org>
Subject Re: [QUESTION] pnotes, Template-Toolkit, and a memory leak
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2006 23:10:35 GMT
On Fri, 2006-06-30 at 18:49 -0400, Jonathan Vanasco wrote:
> I think its more likely that the bug is in the way Bugzilla uses TT
> -- a some reference to the template object is getting stored
> persistently ( i think everyone has made a similar mistake ).  I've
> never had a problem with a pnote living on after a request, and your
> issue is either the pnote is still around or the object the pnote
> references is linked elsewhere.

	Yeah, I suspected that too, but it couldn't be--because the cleanup
happens correctly if I delete that *one* reference, and it doesn't
happen correctly if I don't delete that *one* reference. So it doesn't
have anything to do with anything else holding on to a reference.

> I think the easiest fix, for now, would be to toss in a cleanup
> handler that just undefs the pnote if its defined.  if you're only
> using the pnote within a single handler stage, i'd just undef it at
> the end of the handler after all the output is generated.  i do tons
> of 'just in case' cleanup things.

	Okay. Yeah, that's probably what I'll do, is just call delete on all
the pnote keys.

	But one way or another, this does seem like a bug. That DESTROY handler
ought to get called.

	-Max
--
http://www.everythingsolved.com/
Competent, Friendly Bugzilla Services. And Everything Else, too.