Hi Michael,

I agree with your point of view, as a matter of fact it is necessary to make implicit references in httpd.conf for every usable directory, unfortunately I'm a bit locked to that type of structure, I'd surely prefer to move down the app directory as you sad.

I have come across to the following:

<Directory /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/test>
 SetHandler perl-script
 PerlHandler Apache::Registry
 Options +ExecCGI
</Directory>

<Directory /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/ccs/test/resources/*>
 SetHandler default
</Directory>

In this way, for the same app. I'd have a little degree of freedom inside the resources dir.

Thanks a lot!

Fabian.

On 5/11/06, Michael Peters <mpeters@plusthree.com> wrote:

Fabián R. Breschi wrote:
> I'd need a certain degree of flexibility, for example a directory
> structure to hold my files like this:

You can use something like this (using apache/mp 1)

> /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/test... <<< executables

<Directory /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/test>
SetHandler perl-script
PerlHandler Apache::Registry
</Directory>

> /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/test/images... <<< images

<Directory /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/test/images>
SetHandler default
</Directory>

> /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/test/docs ... <<< misc

<Directory /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/test/docs>
SetHandler default
</Directory>

> ...and so on.

I personally don't like this approach to organizing since it means you have to
list out all of the stuff that should work normally. I prefer to move my
application a directory down. Something like this:

<Directory /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/test/app>
SetHandler perl-script
PerlHandler Apache::Registry
</Directory>

And then the rest of the stuff should work normally.

--
Michael Peters
Developer