perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Fabián R. Breschi" <fabian.bres...@gmail.com>
Subject Rookie question: executable file types.
Date Thu, 11 May 2006 15:17:09 GMT
Dear All,

I'm a bit confused on how Perl/ModPERl sources executables within subdirs.
I'm using Apache/1.3.12 (Unix) mod_perl/1.27.

The directory from where I run the .pl executables is
/usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/test. As far as I know, the subdirectories below
that one are only allowed to execute .pl files, any other reference to i.e.
.gif and .jpg files would produce "500 internal server error"

I'd need a certain degree of flexibility, for example a directory structure
to hold my files like this:

/usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/test... <<< executables
/usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/test/images... <<< images
/usr/local/apache/cgi-bin/test/docs ... <<< misc
...and so on.

I glanced the server doc for version 1 but could not find any appropriate
help to overcome this issue, could you pls. suggest any fix/workaround?

Many Thanks indeed in advance.

Fabian.