perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Sean Davis <sdav...@mail.nih.gov>
Subject Re: Oracle DBF Tablespaces and Perl
Date Mon, 01 May 2006 15:25:13 GMT

On 5/1/06 11:00 AM, "Mark Galbreath" <GalbreathM@gao.gov> wrote:

> Our Oracle team exports 8 DBF files to a local directory.  Is it possible to
> use perl to query these tablespace files directly?  Using perl, how would I
> get them into a MySQL database?  Do I need anything besides DBI.pm?

I think there are several modules to read DBF files, but is there no way to
access the Oracle DB directly?  You could then simply use DBI to query from
Oracle and insert into Mysql.  A 10-line script would more than suffice for
doing this.  In fact, there is even DBIx::Copy that will automate parts of
this for you.

Sean