perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Jonathan Vanasco <...@2xlp.com>
Subject Re: the dreaded 'subroutine redefined'
Date Wed, 03 May 2006 22:40:48 GMT

On May 3, 2006, at 4:59 PM, Matthew wrote:

> I had a feeling it was Apache::Reload. In the future, we shouldn't
> need this module as we won't be making daily changes to the code.
>
> Thanks a million.
> -Matthew

Apache::Reload is simply amazing for development machines (to the
point that I can't imagine ever turning it off on one ), but you
really shouldn't run it on your production machines.

There are a few operational caveats, and its a big performance hit.

If  you're getting this on a production box, you should consider
stripping it out now and just doing a graceful restart when changes
are made.