perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Gunnar Koppel <gun...@raamatukoi.ee>
Subject mp2: utf-8 and uc() under modperl2
Date Thu, 25 May 2006 17:14:20 GMT
Terr!

I have little problem with UTF-8 under modperl2. I made such little
script for testing:

-------
#!/usr/bin/perl

use strict;
use locale;
use utf8;
binmode stdin, ":utf8";
binmode stdout, ":utf8";

my @alpha = qw(a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s š z ž t u v õ ä ö ü
x y);
print "Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8\n\n";
print "LC_CTYPE: $lc\n";
print "\u$_ " foreach @alpha;
print "\n";
-------

Purpose of this script is to print capitalised Estonian alphabet (and to
test locale/utf). It works fine on command line and under mod_cgi,
similar code (with minor diffs) works under mod_perl 1 (under PerlRun,
PerlRegistry and as a handler), but it does not give proper output under
mod_perl2. 4 diacritic characters after 'v' get ugly and i can't find a
solution. Any ideas?

Background:
SERVER_SOFTWARE: Apache/2.0.55 (Debian) mod_apreq2-20051231/2.5.7
mod_perl/2.0.2 Perl/v5.8.8

For case the UTF-chars get ugly here too, you can see sample code and
outputs here:
http://wanradt.msn.ee/code.html

--

TIA,