perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Andreas Nolte <andr...@kloeterbregen.de>
Subject Re: Oracle DBF Tablespaces and Perl
Date Fri, 19 May 2006 19:30:58 GMT
Hi Mark,

that will never work because the oracle tablespace files are NOT in the
DBF format that the modules are for but a special oracle format. DBF is
a convention anyway - you can name them anything.
Depending on what you want to do you have 2 options:
- there are some vendors selling special and expensive software which
can read these files directly -> I do not think there will be perl
available...
- you build a second DB somewhere in a so called permanent recovery mode
- then you can query that db...

cheers

Andreas