perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Enno <burg...@xs4all.nl>
Subject Re: POST form hanging at new CGI
Date Thu, 18 May 2006 18:27:40 GMT

On Thu, 18 May 2006, Thomas Hilbig wrote:

> The CGI script does get kicked off -- I added file
> logging to the script to see where it was hanging and
> found the problem at the "new CGI" line.  If it is a
> chunking problem, does Apache not recombine the chunks
> before launching the script?  If so, then I wouldn't
> expect to see the script launch in the first place.
> Please correct me if I'm wrong.  Is there some code I
> can put in the script to trace or confirm the health
> of the POSTed call without initiating CGI.pm?
>
> Tom

the problem is in reading from stdio, which is what CGI.pm
does to parse, as far as I know. first chunk is sent ok,
and then the line breaks, hence the error.

but do correct me if I'm wrong ;)

on a sidenote, patching apache will help, but thats another problem.
someone else posted the link already.

Enno