perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. McGrail" <kmcgr...@pccc.com>
Subject Re: clusters
Date Tue, 09 May 2006 13:45:31 GMT
I'm intrigued by Pound as I've never heard of it.  I have been looking
heavily at using Apache 2.2 for this same purpose but pound seems elegantly
simple in it's approach.  The only drawback I can see is that the lack of
caching will cause dial-up users to stay connected to the backend servers
longer than necessary.

Anyone run pound in a live environment and have some success/failure
stories?  I'd especially like to know how many unique users someone might
have been able to handle with pound on what hardware.

Regards,
KAM