perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Jonathan Vanasco <modperl-l...@2xlp.com>
Subject Re: comparisons between mod_perl/apache and .net/c#
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2006 19:17:24 GMT
On Apr 10, 2006, at 10:54 AM, johns@worldwinner.com wrote:

> hi
>
> not trying to start a flame war or anything. i'm just looking for data
> comparing these 2. my sympathies are completely with mod_perl. but i'd
> like to have some data too ...

i think with either system you can do pretty much anything you want
to do - it just comes down to:
	which server would you rather run
	what language would you rather write

id say something about FOSS resources, but since .net can run perl
python and some other languages, i'm pretty sure you can use CPAN
stuff if you wanted to

i'd suggest you look into the FOSS 'frameworks' that run under
mod_perl - they're all on the mp site.  catalyst, template toolkit,
mason, axkit, embperl are some of them