perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "David Nicol" <davidni...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: anyone with pgpool experience?
Date Sat, 08 Apr 2006 02:16:19 GMT
On 4/7/06, Perrin Harkins <perrin@elem.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-04-07 at 20:59 -0500, David Nicol wrote:
> > Have you looked at  DBD::Proxy and DBI::ProxyServer?
>
> That's not a pooling solution, and the performance is terrible.  I'd
> recommend just running fewer processes before resorting to DBD::Proxy.
>
> - Perrin

Oh.  When I was trying to multiplex a single database connection to a
room ful of clients that combination was reccommended to me by people
on the DBI list. My work wound up being Http::Server::Singlethreaded.

If I was to write a DBI multiplexer that simply serialized requests in order
I would hope I was working against a database that could have multiple
open result streams at once, otherwise entire result sets would need to
come in in a serialized fashion, which would hurt response time a lot
and take some kind of intermediate temporary storage.  Disk would be
appropriate.

--
David L Nicol
Should the bike shed have bunks?  Or maybe cots?