perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Barry Hoggard <ba...@tristanmedia.com>
Subject MP2: Dealing with AuthCookie and IE's "You are about to be redirected ..."
Date Sat, 08 Apr 2006 03:42:50 GMT
I have a client who has a lot of web site users using Internet
Explorer 6 on Windows.  At the moment, the login form submits via
https, and then the user is redirected to a regular http page
afterward.  In IE, we get this:

“You are about to be redirected to a connection that is not secure.
The information you are transmitting to the site may be retransmitted
to a nonsecure site…”

It happens whether the login form is http or https.  The suggestion
in some forums is to do this:

Instead of the 302 redirect, give a 400 responce, and a meta-refresh
tag. <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;url=http://zzz.com/">

I'll need to modify a local copy of Apache2::AuthCookie to do this,
but I wondered if there are other solutions out there for this problem.

--
Barry Hoggard
Tristan Media LLC