perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: retrieving the anchor tags in internal redirects
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2006 16:43:44 GMT

Fred Moyer wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 9:31 am, Fred Moyer wrote:
>
>> Michael Peters wrote:
>>
>>> Frank Wiles wrote:
>>
>> [...]
>>

>> The 2.0 docs seem to indicate that this piece is called the 'fragment'
>> [1], and there is a corresponding fragment method in mod_perl1 [2] but
>> is not described in as much detail.  I haven't tried that method but
>> it might be what you're looking for.
>

> Sorry use these links instead please, cannot guarantee the freshness of
> the other ones always:
>
> [1]
> http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/APR/URI.html#C_fragment_
> [2]
> http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/api/Apache/URI.html

fragment() is also discussed in chapter 5 of the mpdc.  it's been a while,
but I'm pretty sure that what it says in 5.3 is true, that the browser holds
on to it (as it does auth information) and won't let the server know.  so,
whether you can glean that information really depends on where you're
building and parsing your uri and what the source is.

HTH

--Geoff