perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Osmani Gomez <ogo...@epalscorp.com>
Subject low shared memory
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2006 18:23:58 GMT
Hello List,

I have a weird problem, related to shared memory.
I am using
OS: RedHat 7.3

 Apache 1.3.34

 mod_perl 1.29

the compile options were the standard:
DO_HTTPD=1 USE_APACI=1 EVERYTHING=1

for apache configure: activate-module=src/modules/perl/libperl.a
--enable-shared=perl ...

perl: 5.6.0

in the startup.pl I put some modules that should be preloaded a show a
shared memory, the shared memory
is pretty low about 2.5 MB.

The interesting thing is there is another server with the same OS,
pretty same config with the same code, but apache was installed there
some time ago, I do not know the compile parameter. This one show a high
shared memory about 40 MB.

Any hint why the shared memory so low, acording to the docs, the
preloaded modules should go to the shared mem.

thanks,

--
Gomez