perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Jonathan Vanasco <modperl-l...@2xlp.com>
Subject OT - warnings
Date Wed, 05 Apr 2006 22:28:02 GMT

I have about 140 packages/modules for my mod_perl project (heavy use
of oop)

trying to be a good coder, everything starts with

	use strict;
	use warnings;

now i'm faced with this dilemma - i'm going into a production test
shortly and, well, there are a ton of 'warnings' that i just can't
defensively code against at this point - either as a matter of time/
practicality or
just not knowing a good/idiomatic way to avoid it

aside from batch regexing out the 'use warnings' line - can anyone
suggest a way for me to handle this?  i'd like to lose both the log
lines and the overhead of the warnings being called in the first place.
( although I'm starting to think that regexing out the line will be
required no matter what )

thanks,

Jonathan