perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Octavian Rasnita" <orasn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ModPerlCookBook.org
Date Fri, 14 Apr 2006 17:09:22 GMT
From: "Geoffrey Young" <geoff@modperlcookbook.org>

> > Can anyone tell me if www.modperlcookbook.org is really down (for a few
> > days) or I just have some problems accessing it?
>
> it works fine for me :)

Hmm, I have tried again from my computer, and from other 2 servers on my
city, but it cannot be found. The IP address is detected, but it gives
request timed out to ping and it doesn't show in the browser.
I have tried using another server from another city and the site was found
(only 10% packet loss to ping - 1 of 10 pings).

> > I am trying to find how to return different status codes based on some
> > conditions.
>
> you'll have to be more specific :)

I want to create a program that checks if the request conditions are met (if
the page wanted is newer than the one in the cache) and if yes, to return
the new page, or if it was not modified since the specified date and time,
to return 304 Not Modified.

I have tried searching with Google for "custom_response" but until now I
couldn't find helpful data about using the caching and generating correct
HTTP headers...

Thank you.

Teddy