Hi all,

I'm porting some old perl code to a new installation of Apache/2.0.54 (Win32) mod_perl/2.0.1 on Windows 2003 Server. In testing some file locking code, I noticed that response seemed very slow when I dumped in multiple jobs via multiple browsers to the server. I added a timer and saw the scripts waiting for one to finish before the next started as if they were queued waiting for the server.

I've got another server running freeBSD and it's set up to run mutilple instance of Apache which seems to deal with this. But on Windows, I haven't added anything for this and it comes up by default with 2 instances of Apache.

It's my impression that threading should be used to deal with mutilple requests for one script, but that's not what I'm seeing. I'm seeing one script wait and then start when the last one finishes. MY script just gets the time, sleeps and then gets the time again.

Am I missing a configuration option or do I need a different version of perl? I installed for the standard combined Apache/mod_perl distribution.

Thanks,
Rod Morris