perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Cory Omand" <coryom...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Apache 2.2 and libapreq2 2.0.7 segfault
Date Thu, 30 Mar 2006 20:51:52 GMT
Copying the list

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Cory Omand <comand@blastwave.org>
Date: Mar 30, 2006 11:57 AM
Subject: Re: Apache 2.2 and libapreq2 2.0.7 segfault
To: "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollucci@p6m7g8.com>

On 3/29/06, Philip M. Gollucci <pgollucci@p6m7g8.com> wrote:
> > Can't load '/export/medusa/comand/csw/cpan/libapreq2/work/comand-ra.d/libapreq2-2.07/glue/perl/t/cgi-bin/../../blib/arch/auto/APR/Request/Request.so'
> > for module APR::Request: ld.so.1: test_cgi.pl: fatal: libapreq2.so.3:
> set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH in your shell to the appropriate paths.  Thats
> strange.  This isn't your problem, but I'm hoping the test out will give me
> something to go on.  I'm having some "issues" looking at ndm instead of gdb.

It turned out that thanks to libtool, the module and library tests
were pointing to the uninstalled version of libapreq, allowing the
tests to run normally.  However, the uninstalled glue Request.so
module was *not* pointing anywhere useful, and could not find either
libapreq2 or libapr/aprutil.  No matter what I did, I could not make
the glue test suite utilize my LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  Not sure why.
Copying the libs from library/.libs to the destination path before
running the tests finally allowed the tests to load the library.

Fixing the library loading issues unmasked a different set of test
failures.  It appears that the test suite relies on 'perltoc.pod' and
'perlport.pod' being installed.  My perl installation splits the pod
docs out from the core perl, and other distributions may do the same.
Perhaps relying on a pod that is required in the perl core (like
perldiag.pod, or Config.pm) might be a better idea?

After I installed the pod docs, all tests pass, but usage from within
Apache still yields a segfault when creating new Request objects.  Now
I am extremely confused.  I verified that the identical library
versions are present on the target system, and that all shared objects
are able to locate libapr/aprutil/apreq2.  Any ideas?

- C.