perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Rod Morris" <zakmor...@gmail.com>
Subject Concurrency with mod_perl 2.01 on Windows
Date Tue, 07 Mar 2006 01:49:52 GMT
Hi all,

I'm porting some old perl code to a new installation of Apache/2.0.54
(Win32) mod_perl/2.0.1 on Windows 2003 Server. In testing some file locking
code, I noticed that response seemed very slow when I dumped in multiple
jobs via multiple browsers to the server. I added a timer and saw the
scripts waiting for one to finish before the next started as if they were
queued waiting for the server.

I've got another server running freeBSD and it's set up to run mutilple
instance of Apache which seems to deal with this. But on Windows, I haven't
added anything for this and it comes up by default with 2 instances of
Apache.

It's my impression that threading should be used to deal with mutilple
requests for one script, but that's not what I'm seeing. I'm seeing one
script wait and then start when the last one finishes. MY script just gets
the time, sleeps and then gets the time again.

Am I missing a configuration option or do I need a different version of
perl? I installed for the standard combined Apache/mod_perl distribution.

Thanks,
Rod Morris