perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Jie Gao <J....@isu.usyd.edu.au>
Subject Re: Can one use mod_proxy post the Authentication phase in apache?
Date Thu, 23 Mar 2006 22:08:57 GMT

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006, Jeff Nokes wrote:

> Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 14:01:52 -0800 (PST)
> From: Jeff Nokes <jeff_nokes@yahoo.com>
> To: modperl@perl.apache.org
> Subject: Can one use mod_proxy post the Authentication phase in apache?
>
> Hi,
>  I'm trying to assist another dept. at my work, to provide a reverse-proxy service with
our apache based mod_perl application.  This other dept. wanted to leverage our custom PerlAuthenHandler
for security reasons, yet they desire just a pass-thru proxy request to their application
tier on behalf of the client.  Since the authentication phase happens after the header parsing/URI
translation phase (where mod_proxy is executed I believe), is there a way to invoke mod_proxy
functionalty after the authentaction phase?  Perhaps in the content/response phase?

I believe you can. ProxyPass can happen after your authentication handler.
Just try it.

Regards,

Jie