perl-modperl mailing list archives

From Jonathan Vanasco <...@2xlp.com>
Subject Re: startup.pl and start/stop
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2006 01:08:40 GMT

On Mar 28, 2006, at 5:06 PM, Jonathan Vanasco wrote:
> i only ever see restart count as 1.  is it possible that apache
> isn't restarting? ( i tired the restart count out of the begin
> block. no difference )

I'm going follow up my question with another one, as i've just gotten
more confused

I'm seeing restart = 1 on my shell ( its a print STDERR ).  I see no
other number.
That appears whether I start / stop / restart.

In the log , I see nothing on a start / stop.

In the log, I see a restart = 3+ on subsequent restarts.  I will
still see restart=1 on the console.

That *kind* of makes sense to me in terms of what the documents say.
But leaves me a bit confused, as I can't seem to find where restart
exists with a 2 - it doesn't seem to log anywhere.

I'm guessing that the way apache/mod_perl is integrated, that it
isn't possible to do that in a startup/httpd.conf file, and that it
can only be accessed within a handler.  Can anyone point me otherwise?