perl-modperl mailing list archives

From "Adam Prime x443" <apr...@brunico.com>
Subject RE: [mp1] intermittant pnotes error
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2006 21:20:24 GMT
I'll look into mod_log_forensic, thanks.

If it is restricted to the process then I can at least keep it from generating a long series
of errors by killing the child whenever the error is detected.

Adam

-----Original Message-----
From: Perrin Harkins [mailto:perrin@elem.com]
Sent: Monday, March 13, 2006 4:03 PM
To: Adam Prime x443
Cc: modperl@perl.apache.org
Subject: RE: [mp1] intermittant pnotes error

On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 15:57 -0500, Adam Prime x443 wrote:
> The thing the puzzles me the most is that everything runs fine 99.9%
> of the time.  I'm kind of at a loss about what I should even log aside
> from the process_id.

You should log what $r is, since it isn't what you thought it was.  You
may also want to look into something like mod_log_forensic, so you can
tell what requests that child handled before going cuckoo.

> i'm curious if it's something that comes up in one particular child
> and causes a bunch of errors until that child dies, or if it's
> something that happens across processes.

It's possible that this totally screws up libapreq for that process once
it happens, and it fails until that child process dies.

- Perrin